| Go! Carpenters!|
To meet the GaoGaiGar-Betterman Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual.
Brave of the Sun: Fighbird (Taiyou no Yuusha: Faibaado), was the second Brave Series, which aired from 1991 to 1992 in Japan. The series centered around the adventures of Yutaro Katori, an android possesed by an energy-based life from from space, and his fellow Space Police officers, in their fight against the evil being known as Draias. Unlike the previous Brave series, Brave Exkaiser, which featured the hero as an energy being which inhabited a car, Fighbird focused more on self-parodying humor by having the robot leader take possession of a humanoid-simulating android instead (which interfaces with the Fire Jet to form the robot Fighbird)This forces him to coexist with humanity on their terms, causing a great deal of trouble as he attempts to adapt to human life. The concept of the "Space Police Force" otherwise remains intact (though not connected to the earlier series), a key difference being that the mecha that Fighbird and one of the combiner teams use was developed previously by a human scientist, whose nephew accompanies the Space Police in their battles.
- Yutaro Katori/Fighbird' : An energy-based life form from outer space, Fighbird is a member of the Space Police Force, having traveled to Earth in order to put a stop to Draias. Inhabiting the body of a state-of-the-art android developed by Professor Amano, Fighbird takes on the alias of "Yutaro Katori", and lives with Kenta, Haruka and Prof. Amano under the guise of Amano's "assistant". Often, Katori goes out in public wearing a lab coat and thick glasses, which, ironically, often help to keep his identity secret when fighting. Generally cheerful, and to a certain extent naive, Katori attempts to learn about Earth's culture, and often behaves awkwardly, much to Kenta's dismay. When Draias attacks, however, Katori can summon the Fire Jet, combining with it to become the mighty robot Fighbird. From there, he can also combine with the Fire Jet's Flame Breaster to upgrade to Armament-Fused Fighbird. Later on in the series, after Draias manages to heavily damage the Fire Jet, Katori uses Prof. Amano's newest invention, the Fire Shuttle, to become Granbird. Like Fighbird, Granbird can also use a "breaster" vehicle, in this case the Breaster Jet, to be come Jet-Fused Granbird. Furthermore, Katori can combine both the Fire Shuttle and Fire Jet to become Great Fighbird. As Fighbird's major finishing weapon is the Flame Sword, while Granbird can use the GranCannon.
- Kenta Amano: An energetic elementary school boy, Kenta often tags along with Katori in order to stop Draias's minions. Courageous and often eager to fight, Kenta works alongside his grandfather, Prof. Amano, to aid Katori and the rest of the Space Police Force. He is also assisted by the Wrist-band robot known as Wrister, which can be used for recon, self defense, and small tasks. Later in the series, Kenta is armed with an Anti-Teshita Gun, which can disable Draias's mechanical footsoldiers.
- Haruka Amano: Kenta's cousin, Haruka is the more mature of the pair, despite being the same age as Kenta. Since her parents live in Germany, Haruka herself stays with her grandfather, but manages to visit her parents on one occasion. Often helping from the sidelines with Prof. Amano, she does her best to help teach Katori about the Earth. Has a pet monkey named "Champ".
- Prof. Hiroshi Amano: A good-natured, but bumbling old scientist, Amano dedicates his life and research to world peace. Having developed the Fire Jet, Katori's android body, and the Baron Team's vehicles, among other things, he provides the Space Police with various gadgets and tools to help stop Draias. Unfortunately, many of these inventions tend to backfire, and the Professor himself tends to goof off quite often. He often takes care of Kenta and Haruka, both of whom are his grandchildren, and tries to help Katori in whatever way possible.
- Inspector Satsuda: Gruff, hardheaded and often unlucky, Satsuda tends to hold a grudge towards Prof. Amano, due to his beliefs that Amano stole 3 billion yen a few years ago, and is using that money for his experiments. Despite this, the Inspector does his uphold the law, working hard not for fame, but simply for the sake of doing what's right. Satsuda is also unaware that his own police car is actually Space Police Force member Guard Star.
- Dr. Yoshiko Kunieda: A young doctor who does everything possible to help those in need, Kunieda tends to bump into Katori and the others on unexpected occasions. Although she originally is suspicious about Katori's true identity, upon learning that he is Fighbird, and that her ambulance is none other than Space Police Force member Guard Rescue, she vows to keep her discoveries and a secret, and joins Kenta and the others as honorary Space Police officers.
- The Baron Team: The first of Fighbird's allies to be revealed, having possessed a special set of rescue vehicles developed by Prof. Amano. Led by Ace Baron, the other four, drone-like Baron units (Sky Baron, Aqua Baron, Drill Baron and Road Baron) combine with Ace Baron to form the mighty Thunder Baron.
- 'The Guard Team': A group of rescue vehicles possessed by Space Police Force members, the guard team is composed of Guard Star, a Police Car, Guard Fire, a Fire Engine, and Guard Rescue, and Ambulance. The three are often able to fight well on their own, but when things get tough, they can combine to form Guardion. Later, after being brutally attacked by Draias in Washington D.C., Katori sends a request for more help, leading to the arrival of the Jet Plane Guard Wing. Although Guard Wing is originally reluctant to help the others, he later puts aside this attitude and works along with the rest of the team. Guard Wing can also combine with the other three members to form Super Guardion.
- Momoko Yamasaki: A nosy and hotheaded reporter, Momoko often tries to get as close to Fighbird's battles as possible, only to often be put in danger as a result. She develops a crush on Fighbird, often calling him "her prince", and will often hound Kenta for answers as to his identity. She has been shown, however, to be able to fight off enemies on her own as well.
- Space Emperor Draias: An evil energy life-form from space, Draias originally takes residence within Dr. Jango's underwater laboratory, providing Jango with deadly Machine Beasts, and often having the corrupt Doctor help him in his plans for World Domination. Mid-way through the series, however, Drias is giving a physical form, as a three-part beast robot (composed of Death Tiger, Death Dragon, and Death Eagle), which can combine as the Triple-Beast Combination: Draias. In this form, Draias can use the Death Blade, and is a formidable foe for the Space Police.
- Dr. Jango: A mad scientist and Prof. Amano's former partner, Dr. Jango wishes for nothing more than to plunge the world into darkness, so that he may rule it. Often coming up with plans alongside Draias, Jango often fails miserably, and soon begins to plan on rebelling against the evil space being.
- Shura and Zol: Two androids developed by Dr. Jango, given life by Draias. Shura is a slender, cold and intelligent android, while Zol is far more aggressive, tending to use brawn instead of brains to handle situations. Both Shura and Zol tend to pilot Jango's mechabeasts, usually managing to escape from destruction at the last minute via escape pods in each machine. They also tend to disobey and despise Dr. Jango.